Young Change Agents are currently hiring for a Programs Manager to commence August 2017.
- Brisbane-based with program delivery across QLD and NT, with some NSW delivery where required
- 9 month FT contract starting Aug 17 with possibility of extension
- Salary range $65-70K plus super (pro-rata)
Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that exists to help youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We do this by providing capacity building to teachers and youth workers as well as directly to youth in school and holiday programs.
To date we have delivered programs to over 750 youth who have developed and pitched over 130 social enterprise ideas. In early July we launched our 2nd stage program - a youth incubator called YINC for selected Young Change Agents' alumni. From August we will launch into Queensland followed by Northern Territory in 2018.
We are now looking for an amazing Brisbane-based Programs Manager to join our team, initially on a 9-month contract. This role is a mix of program delivery (50%), program management (25%) and business development (25%). Please note that a Police Check and Working With Children Check will be required for the successful applicant.
If the following sounds like you, we would love you to apply:
You love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact. You may have worked in consulting or mentoring social enterprises or you may have run or worked for one.
- You are super-passionate about working with youth. You’re a natural facilitator and mentor and your interpersonal skills help you quickly build rapport with youth.
- You are experienced in design-thinking including familiarity with tools like the social lean canvas. You love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively and to communicate their ideas well. That is a source of energy and motivation for you!
- You share Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for teachers and youth workers. You have experience in training and building the capacity of others to deliver quality education.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You like facilitating youth programs one day and liaising with corporate and government partners the next.
- You’ve got logistics and administration covered. You can keep on top of reporting requirements and care about details.
- You are always thinking, “how can we make this happen?”. You have a proven track record of thinking outside of the box to make the most social impact
- You are a natural "mission ambassador" for Young Change Agents – happy to seek out new business development opportunities and represent Young Change Agents as a speaker from time-to-time.
- You are happy to travel regularly within QLD, NT and NSW and love the idea of working with youth both in capital cities and regional centres.
To apply email your CV and cover letter to Margaret@youngchangeagents.com