Young Change Agents schools program is available at both primary (year 5-6) and high school (year 7-10) levels.
Our programs are built as a train-the-trainer model for teachers and we provide support for ongoing programs through our online technology platform.
This is a cross-curricular program that encompasses elements of civics & citizenship, social studies, commerce, english, maths, drama, IT and art.
The program includes:
1. 2.5 day "camp" which can be run onsite or offsite
2. Mentoring/coaching session (held one month later)
3. Final presentations/learnings
Soft skills development
- Increased motivation (demonstrated by leading projects, developing products, participation etc)
- Better understanding of their leadership potential (personal leadership, task leadership, community leadership)
- Taking initiative & decision making ability (i.e. how empowered they felt to make a difference in the community)
- Increased self confidence
- Improved communication (Improvement in their ability to communicate ideas, peers)
- Improved goal setting strategies
- Improved team work
- Improved time management
Social entrepreneurship and start-up skills
- Social enterprise (what is it, differentiating between a business/social enterprise)
- Social impact (what is it, how do my actions have an impact)
- Questioning (what are the issues I care about, what are the root causes of these problems)
- Problem solving through ideation (how can I think of new ideas to solve problems)
- Customer empathy mapping (who is my customer, what do they hear, do, think, feel?)
- Market research (creating a survey to test assumptions)
- Creating a value proposition (positioning and elevator pitch)
- Budgeting (costs and revenue)
- Branding (brand name and logo development)
- Pitching (communication/persuasion)
You can choose to provide a theme for the program (for example - environment, health & wellness) or you can leave the focus completely up to the interests of the youth.
Tech Social Entrepreneurship
There is also an option to run a tech social entrepreneurship camp where we ask the youth to propose technology-focused solutions.
Young Change Agents are now taking bookings in Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Wollongong and Canberra for 2017! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further a School's Information Pack or call on 0452 276 927